Chief Operating Officer
We are seeking a highly experienced Director of HR Client Services to join our growing team. In this position, you will manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Compliance activities for clients and worksite employees. This position will work and collaborate with the management team to ensure the quality of the guidance we provide to our clientele and manage the daily activities of the Client Services team.
To be successful in this role, candidates must have senior-level experience in both Human Resources and client success/customer service. Experience managing a large team required.
- Leads Client Service strategy focused on business needs of clients that minimize engagement disruption through managing and ensuring client’s expectations are met.
- Provide leadership and expertise to clients and staff on complex HR, Payroll, Benefit and Compliance matters for worksite employees.
- Continually analyzes client needs to develop appropriate Human Resources, Training, and Benefit offerings to increase client satisfaction and retention to enhance business performance.
- Conducts evaluation of client HR processes and programs to ensure maximum services delivery and successful client experiences.
- Responsible for improving operational efficiency in the targeted area of customer engagement.
- Establish clearly defined individual performance goals and objectives; communicates these to team members through 1-on-1 meetings and performance planning and review sessions; provide periodic performance feedback and conducts annual performance reviews on all team members
- Ensures client’s practices and policies are compliant with all appropriate State and Federal Regulations
- Develop and administer corrective action and performance improvement plans
- Provides vision and expertise to relevant program/policies, and develop healthy respectful client working relationships.
- Provides day-to-day management and leadership support to a team of Human Resource Business Partners.
- Conduct the interviewing process of candidates for vacant and/or newly created positions within the Client Services department. Organize and administer new hire onboarding as well as benefits open enrollment meetings.
- Manage the vendor relationships with tools and resources utilized by the Client Services Department
- Oversee the Unemployment Insurance Claim process for entire client base, manage relationship with unemployment vendor, and ensure that team is filing claims on a timely basis
- Manage and support the Sales team by providing technology demonstrations for clients and prospects on all Prestige products, including HRIS, payroll, benefits, performance management, recruiting, screening and selection services.
- Collaborate with direct reports to establish individual development plans
- Work with Marketing department in creating and finalizing new marketing content to be used for clients and Prestige processes.
- Conduct weekly webinars to the Prestige client base including information on regulatory updates, compliance, human resources, and other relevant information.
- Implement initiatives and processes to ensure that all work is completed according to scheduled deadlines with attention to quality standards, priorities, and overall goals.
- Lead and inspire the department in human resource management activities including maintenance of proper staffing levels, staffing resources optimization, attainment of individual and team goals, overall alignment with performance management requirements, goals and rewards systems, employee relations, mentoring, and talent/career development.
- Participate in task forces, strategic initiatives, and collaboration opportunities with other business units.
- Knowledge of a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 10-15 years of hands-on strategic Human Resources experience.
- Ability to cultivate and grow customer relationships in support of sales activity.
- Strong understanding of Human Resource segment business challenges.
- Deep knowledge of all areas of Human Resources including but not limited to General HR, Benefits Administration, Risk Management, Retirement Services, Payroll, Customer and Client Support.
- SPHR or PHR required, MBA a plus.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to take initiative to develop new strategies and outside-the-box ideas.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively – often while juggling several projects at once.
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically, including high levels of self-direction.
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively.
- Goal-oriented and flexible.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Punctuality, reliability, and integrity a must.
- Problem solver
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity