Director of Compliance
As a member of the Compliance Department, the incumbent will be primarily responsible for managing all updates as they pertain to various legal and state regulations. This responsibility will include the daily review and dissemination of both new and updated laws and regulations with continual follow-up for clarifications and assessments with an eye on client impact. They will be also expected to handle the timely filing of the organization’s state and business accreditation filings as well as assist with the creation, execution and maintenance of various agreements. Additionally, as this department works closely as a team, this member will be required to provide general support in a variety of areas including special projects as needed.
- Manage business entity documents such as monitoring and updating various state and regulatory filings as well as internal corporate policies. This includes the timely filing of state and accreditation filings with appropriate states.
- Execution, maintenance, and review of monthly compliance calendar.
- Assist legal department with corporate governance-related matters.
- Creation, execution, and client review of service agreements.
- Review and maintenance of vendor contracts and appropriate tracking.
- Review and disseminate new and updated state laws, regulations, and actions required as needed.
- Liaison with Human Resource Business Partners with compliance questions/issues.
- Provide general support to legal and compliance department and assist with special projects, as needed.
- Reports on results on a monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis.
- Assist clients with tax and business registrations where required (Client state UI accounts and Business accounts in WA).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of at least five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Paralegal certification preferred, prior experience as a Corporate Paralegal or Legal Assistant accepted.
- Proficient in employment law
- Seasoned experience using Microsoft office products
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically, including high levels of self-direction
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively
- Goal-oriented and flexible
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Punctuality, reliability, and integrity a must
- Problem solver
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Hands-on and team-oriented