Chief Operating Officer
We are seeking experienced General Counsel to join our growing team. In this position, you will ensure that the company operates within the law at all times, offer counsel on legal issues, and identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s legal affairs and ensures all business policies and activities are managed correctly and in compliance with current laws.
- Reviews changes to law and regulations and advises management about any impact to the business.
- Provides guidance and counsel to management on business transactions and initiatives.
- Leads the defense of the organization in lawsuits and the prosecution of lawsuits on behalf of the organization against others.
- Ensures that all company communications, contracts, documents, filings and press releases undergo a legal review.
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically.
- May engage and coordinate with outside counsel for certain matters.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- 15+ years of progressive experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) a plus.
- Must be solution-oriented with the ability to not only execute a process from start to finish but also be constantly thinking of ways to update and improve
- Seasoned experience using Microsoft office products
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively – often while juggling several projects at once
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically, including high levels of self-direction
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Goal-oriented and flexible
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Punctuality, reliability and integrity a must