This is an exciting opportunity for an individual seeking a leadership role in a private equity-backed, innovative and high-growth business. The Finance Controller is a strategic finance position that will oversee the accounting operations of the company including; but not limited to, financial reporting, monthly close process and the annual audit. This position will perform in-depth financial modeling, budgeting, and forecasting, data analysis and play a key role in the integration of acquired businesses. The Financial Controller will have heavy interaction with senior management and the private equity firm.
Strategic, Planning and Forecasting
- Partner with the CFO and senior executives to prepare annual budgets for the company.
- Develop a financial forecasting process and method for periodic updates.
- Assist in the development of long-term strategic plans.
- Analyze financial details to identify opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Provide input on major company expenses.
- Oversee the implementation and consolidation of accounting records for newly acquired companies.
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures and internal controls to ensure sustainable and profitable growth.
Develop and Maintain Company’s Accounting Records & Financial Reporting Structure
- Partner with the CFO to develop the general ledger accounting structure and financial reporting templates.
- Provide in-depth variance analysis of operating results compared to prior periods and budget.
- Develop daily/weekly/monthly journal entry process and protocols to maintain accounting records.
- Orchestrate monthly and annual close processes, including reconciliation of key accounts.
- Act upon and resolve all variances resulting from operational results timely.
- Lead all financial statement preparation, presentation, and analyses.
- Develop a financial reporting package for monthly and annual results.
- Partner with senior management to identify and report on key performance metrics and indicators.
- Manage a team of professionals across accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Oversee the Completion of Audit Process and Quarterly Attestations
- Prepare the company’s financial statements and books and records in a timely manner after year-end for the external auditors to commence and complete their audit timely.
- Be the point person working with the auditors directly, assisting in their completion of the annual audit.
- Work with CPA firm to ensure timely completion of quarterly reporting and attestation requirements.
ERP/Financial Software Implementation & Upkeep
- Play a key role in standing up financial systems, ensure data imports are accurate and systems work as needed.
- Create systems and processes for checking accuracy of data within software.
- Evaluate and improve processes and systems to promote operational excellence.
Manage the Team
- Cross-train staff to achieve increased efficiency, employee motivation, collaboration, workforce sustainability, and corporate agility.
- Mentor team members as part of succession planning.
- Participate in the company’s career pathing initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field of study
- CPA/MBA preferred
- Investment banking background desirable
- Four to six years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) a huge plus
- Technical: Possess advanced financial modeling skills; advanced Excel skills
- Team player: Builds constructive working relationships across departments and various levels of employees
- Quality of work: Delivers error-free work that fulfills the requirements of the task or project at hand
- Organization & Productivity: Efficiently uses time; plans and prioritizes work effectively; completes assignments on schedule; seeks to assist in areas outside of standard scope of responsibility; gets things done
- Analyzes and Solves Problems: Analyze data, identifies problems, and uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions
- Positivity & Optimism: Maintains a positive outlook; highly motivated and faces challenges with optimism.
- Independence & Accountability: Ability to work independently and make autonomous decisions, while taking personal accountability for actions
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to changing needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; meets deadlines, and maintains composure in stressful situations; open to different and new ways of doing things
- Interpersonal Skills: Characterized by a high level of cooperation; respect and understand alternative viewpoints
- Communication Skills: Demonstrates mastery of both written and verbal communications, delivering clear and organized thoughts