Associate Director of Benefits
Manage full suite of Employee Benefits
Primary Benefit liaison for Clients; Work Site Employees; Brokers & Insurance Vendors
- Act independently to provide guidance and/or resolve service problems to both employees and clients pertaining to:
- Claim Issues
- Eligibility problems
- Billing discrepancies
- Benefit problems
- Manage communications materials for client worksites and co-employees regarding benefits in addition to any changes in benefits
- Attend appropriate industry functions and participate in relevant industry training.
- Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of insurance coverage, markets, and changes.
- Conduct presentations and meet with employees to discuss the array of benefit choices available.
- ACA Compliance guidance and understanding
- Participate in vendor meetings
- Process life event and status changes
- Manage the renewal process
- Communicate renewal materials to client and broker
- Prepare materials for employees based on client specifications
- System update of changes
- Presentation of changes in person or via Webex
- Benefit Enrollment portal assistance
- Auditing and confirming for clients the employees who have enrolled and their elections
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary
- Collaborate, analyze and problem solve as a Team
- Manage Client expectations
- Oversee the administration of non-Prestige plans
- Minimum of four years of experience in group employee benefits.
- Thorough understanding of group health plans and the ability to analyze and prepare recommendations.
- NY Health and Life License a plus but not required.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of employee group benefits including COBRA
- Strong analytical abilities; ethics and discretion
- Comfortable presenting information to diverse groups of people
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong computer skills and the ability to adapt to new systems
- The ability to work in a high-pressure environment