What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to review your current benefit plans, make changes, and explore what’s new. If you are waiving benefits, it is still necessary to make FSA and HSA elections through the portal this year.
The 2022 Open Enrollment season runs from September through October. Benefit eligible employees will be notified via email when your specific enrollment window opens to begin the review and elections process.
During Open Enrollment, you’ll have the opportunity to review your current plans and make changes, including:
- Elect, change, or drop medical, dental, and/or vision coverage
- Add or remove dependents
- Elect, change, or drop voluntary benefits
- Elect or re-enroll for Health and Dependent Care (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) included in the Prestige Enrollment Portal
- Keep your current benefits at the new rates without making any changes
2022 Client Employee Overview Video
Watch our employee Open Enrollment overview video to learn about what’s new, what you need to know, and what you can expect this upcoming season.
Beginning in September, benefit eligible employees will receive an email invitation with instructions on accessing the Open Enrollment Portal. This is where you will be able to view your Open Enrollment options to make the best selections for you and your family. The Open Enrollment Portal contains all updated plans and contributions.
Benefits Portal Instructions for Eligible Employees
1. Follow the link in the email invitation to access the Open Enrollment Portal. (Instructions to reset your password can be found here.)
2. Once logged in, you’ll be able to review your current employee benefits plans and any rate changes or other information that may impact you or your dependents. Additional options may be available to you, including flexible spending now elected right through the portal!
3. Follow the instructions to review your current plans, confirm re-enrollment, or select new plans.
- For example, suppose you and your family are currently covered under the MetLife Premium Dental Plan. In that case, you will see an overview of that plan, along with a green checkmark indicating that this is your selection on your screen.
- If you want to change your plan to another option, you can do so by clicking on the box for your preferred plan to mark it green. This will indicate that you wish to terminate coverage from your current plan and enroll in the new option.
4. As you make your selections, you can view a running total of monthly costs in the top right corner.
5. If you do not want to include a plan in your employee benefits package, simply select the box that says, “I elect to waive this coverage.”
6. If you want to enroll in or re-enroll in the Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA), you must re-elect through the PrestigePEO open enrollment portal. The IRS does not allow automatic enrollment.
7. Finally, remember to look at your address to make sure it is updated as well as your current beneficiary information on file.
Important Information Regarding Your Benefit Elections
If you do not make any active elections during the 2022 open enrollment period, your 2021 benefit elections will remain in effect for the 2022 – 2023 plan year at the new 2022 rates. You will not be able to modify benefit plans at another time unless you experience a qualifying life event (QLE).
With the exception of Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA), all plan elections are effective November 1, 2022. Elections for the FSA and HSA accounts are effective January 1, 2023.
Newly hired employees may be subject to a waiting period. Please contact your Benefits Specialist for further details.
The open enrollment window for 2022 benefits will vary based on your specific employer. Please reach out to our benefits team at 833-PEO-BEN1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect directly to your dedicated specialist via our PrestigeGO mobile app.